Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Reassurance

So, God's amazing.

1) I was a little down today because of a class that I haven't really connected with and isn't responsive in class at all, and therefore is doing pretty poorly overall. And if you know me, you know that I can be very hard on myself, always trying to figure out what I've done wrong or if I'm a horrible teacher.....


But as my last class of the day is leaving, two girls stick around to talk. They keep asking about dissections (typical for 6th grade), and I tell them about our fish dissection coming up and how I'm hoping to do another dissection at some point this year. As they're leaving, one girl says to me, "You know, I used to think science was boring, but now I think it's really cool!"



:)



Then, as I'm picking up and getting my stuff together to grade and prep after school, another student comes in. Now, you should know that my running joke whenever I refrain from giving homework is that "I accept flowers, chocolates, and notes about how awesome I am."

This little girl hands me a bag of chocolate cookies, and says, "You said you accept chocolates..."

I respond, "You know I was kidding, right?"

"Yeah, I know."



:)



2) I went for a jog tonight to clear my head and began to think about home, and fall, and all the seasons of life I'm missing. I again began to feel an ache in my heart.

Then I simply saw a yellow/orange frog hop away from my approaching step, and I remembered how awesome this place is and what an adventure I'm having here.



:)



God has this funny way of showing us in our own special way that we are in the place He has for us. I doubt that a rogue amphibian would mean so much to any other person, but God knew what I needed in that moment, and He supplied it.



Now to grade these papers I've been avoiding......

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the subject line! Even though I never use that phrase at all... never ever... ;)

    And God surely is awesome 'cause only He would think to send blessings and peace through a rogue amphibian.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete